Hyderabad International Airport (HYD) is the primary airport serving the city of Hyderabad, India. It is located about 22 kilometers (14 miles) from the city center and is the seventh busiest airport in the country in terms of passenger traffic. The airport was built to replace the old Begumpet Airport and was opened in 2008.
HYD is a major hub for international and domestic air travel in India and serves as a gateway to the southern part of the country. The airport has a single terminal building that handles both international and domestic flights. It is equipped with modern amenities and facilities, including a range of retail and dining options, lounges, and a variety of ground transportation options.
The airport is connected to the city by several forms of transportation, including taxi, bus, and rail. The city’s Metro Rail system has a stop at the airport, making it easy to travel to and from the city center. In addition, there are several major roads connecting the airport to the city, including the Inner Ring Road and the Outer Ring Road.
How to Reach Hyderabad International Airport
There are several ways to reach Hyderabad International Airport (HYD), depending on your location and personal preferences. Some options include:
- Taxi: Taxis are readily available from most parts of the city and can be booked in advance or hailed from the street. The airport has a dedicated taxi stand outside the terminal building where you can hire a taxi to your destination.
- Bus: The airport is served by several bus routes that connect it to the city center and other parts of the city. There is a dedicated bus terminal at the airport, and buses run frequently throughout the day.
- Metro: The Hyderabad Metro Rail system has a stop at the airport, making it easy to travel to and from the city center by train. The airport is served by the Red Line of the Metro, which connects it to the city center and other parts of the city.
- Car: If you have your own car or are planning to rent a car, the airport is easily accessible by road. The airport is located on the Outer Ring Road and is well-connected to the city via several major roads.
- Airport shuttle: Many hotels in the city offer airport shuttle services for their guests. This is a convenient way to get to the airport, especially if you are staying at a hotel located in the city center.
Overall, the airport is well-connected to the city and there are several convenient options available for getting to and from the airport.
Facilities at Hyderabad International Airport
Hyderabad International Airport (HYD) is equipped with a range of modern amenities and facilities to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers. Some of the facilities available at the airport include:
- Retail outlets: The airport has a variety of retail outlets, including duty-free shops, gift shops, and newsstands.
- Dining options: There are several dining options available at the airport, including fast food outlets, cafes, and restaurants.
- Lounges: The airport has several lounges that offer comfortable seating, refreshments, and other amenities for travelers. These lounges are available for a fee or can be accessed with a lounge membership or certain types of tickets.
- Free Wi-Fi: The airport offers free Wi-Fi for passengers, allowing them to stay connected while they wait for their flights.
- Currency exchange: There are currency exchange desks available at the airport for travelers who need to exchange money.
- ATMs: There are several ATMs located throughout the airport for travelers who need to withdraw cash.
- Medical facilities: The airport has a medical center and pharmacy for travelers who may need medical assistance or need to purchase medication.
- Luggage storage: The airport has luggage storage facilities for travelers who need to store their bags temporarily.
Overall, the facilities at Hyderabad International Airport are designed to make the travel experience as smooth and convenient as possible for passengers.